We had so much fun this last weekend going to the Uintas and camping by the shore of Hoop Lake. What a beautiful place, and although it was a smidge chilly this time of year, it was worth it because there weren't many bugs! Most of my family was able to go with the exception of Jed who had a prior obligation and Jake and Ximen who ditched our annual camping trip for a fully paid for, 8 day cruise, off the coast of Florida (can you believe they didn't choose the camping trip? Geesh!) Between all of us we took 8 horses and had so much fun riding some of the trails. The guys took a looong ride one of the days, to scope out the territory for the upcoming hunt. They figured they rode 15 miles, I think the horses slept really good that night!
Our family - including Shadow!
Our cowboys at sunset
Ellie had me cracking up with her usual nutty enthusiasm. As we arrived and made our way deeper into the forest area she said "It is so exciting to stay in a forest because maybe we will get to meet Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!" (Yes, she was very serious!) Although we had a nice potty in the motor home, she actually preferred the nearby outhouse - she called it the little cottage and was so excited to go there. I wish I had taken a picture of her next to her "little cottage"!

Bryson will always remember this trip for his very exciting ride. Jason and Jenni brought their child size saddle, and Bryson was dying to go for a ride. He rode Penny and Ellie and I rode Dutchess. I led at a nice slow pace and after several minutes announced "let's head back", before I knew it, Penny sensed it was quittin' time and enthusiastically bolted for the corral. Bryson held on for dear life until he decided to bail and gratefully, due to soft weeds and a helmet, only got a fat bloody lip. Talk about panic! Braxton had dropped his fishing pole and went sprinting after them, I flung Ellie down and Dutchess and I went running too, my dad heard the screams and was able to intercept Penny, just after she lost her rider! What an experience and what a lesson! We will be working with Bryson in the round pen, and teach him how to effectively stop a horse. I was worried that Bryce might be afraid after that, but was relieved when he mounted up again the next morning without a second thought. The second part of this story is our funny Ellie again. When I had to get her off the horse real quick, I had told her to run up the beach to Aunt Jenni, but I don't think she heard me because later she said (in her dramatic way) "It was scary because I was left there with the sharks and the crocodiles, and I thought, I hope Heavenly Father will make me fly! - but then I thought oh, I can just run to Aunt Jenni!" Cute girl with such sweet faith!



4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! Nice facial hair Braxton!
Your Ellie is soooooo cute!!! What a doll! I wish we knew her. Your family is getting so big. I wish we had a cool family that wanted to go on camping trips, but no... its a hotel or nothing! We'll have to crash your party next time! :)
What a hoot Ellie is! I'm glad Bryson is so brave, he'll have to teach me a lesson!!
So fun!!! HOw are you guys? Have you found a house yet? it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment