Thursday, September 25, 2008

Because this serves as a scrapbook for our family, I need to be better about recording all the cute and funny things the kids say, so I'll start with this.  The other night while getting dinner on the table Bryson picked up on a conversation Braxton and I were having. Brax was telling me how glad he was to almost be done with a sign installment, but overhead on this particular one had been more than he expected.  I replied jokingly, "so what, there is no profit?"  Bryson suddenly said "WHAT?!  WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS NO PROPHET?!!" I wish I could have caught the expression on his face, a cross between bewilderment and despair.  I quickly reassured him that we were talking about the word profit, meaning money, not our prophet, President Monson who is doing fine and well, and that they were even spelled differently.  He calmed down quickly, and life for him went back to normal, but there for a moment, he was quite alarmed.  There are some truths you just don't mess with!

4 comments:

Meredith Haag said...

So.. I'm looking at his picture and I'm thinking that you need to be warned....he's a cutie! You might want to involve him in lots of after school activities when he's a little older... you know... just to keep the girls away! LOL!
And if the girls find out that he has a sensative spiritual side..... its over! He'll have girls swarming all around him at the age of 14!
Maybe we could work out a little deal with my daughter Haley.... ha ha ha! Red hair blue eyes...think it over. :)

Jenni said...

That is too cute! He is a cute and oh yes is he sensitive! We love him, and the girls too!

talonandanna said...

totally hilarious! and you're right, you gotta write them down. what a character little bryson is! your kiddos are all cute, love the latest picture. we have got to stop saying we're going to get together and JUST DO IT! what does the month of october look like for you guys? is there a weekend you are free? i'm going to check the calendar this weekend and see if we can't make a PLAN. :)

Lisa said...

I love that story. You'll be glad that you have this one written down one day. We love Bryson and his personality.