Wow, it's hard to believe that summer time is coming to a close, but oh, what a great one it was! I must confess I was a little nervous about the kids being out of school for a 12 week break - the year round schedule we just moved from only offered a few weeks off at a time. I am happy to report however, that the time actually went by really quickly, the kids didn't kill each other, die of boredom, or from my wrath! Really, despite the normal getting on each others nerves every once in a while, we really enjoyed our time together. I will look back on this summer and remember our trips to Star Valley and Bear Lake, lots of swimming at the local water park (so glad I got those season passes), picnics at the park, going to the amphitheater, house hunting (ugh!), various other outings, and of course the 2008 Summer Olympics - how awesome were those?! Go USA! I feel a little sad that with summer winding down, so is corn on the cob, the chirping of crickets, Dad's homemade ice cream, no homework, and sleeping in more often than just Saturdays....oh well, things to look forward to for next summer. I am looking forward to a more orderly routine, autumn colors, and the kids playing soccer. I feel very blessed to live such a beautiful life, and be surrounded by the ones I love. The days and seasons go by so quickly, and I am grateful when I am reminded to cherish each one.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Well said. I too hate to see the summer end, but am looking forward to an orderly home!?!? Is it possible with the kids now in school?
Loved this summer too, we had a lot of fun with you guys and good luck on the hunting:)
Post a Comment